Dear PUSD Families,
We remain committed to a safe return to school for our students beginning January 10, 2022. This will take all of us working together, and we appreciate your support and cooperation in the days and weeks ahead.
If your student has ANY COVID-19 symptoms (current list from CDC), was exposed to someone who has COVID-19, or tested positive over Winter Break, please email email@example.com for next steps before they return to school.
The State is providing California schools access to at-home rapid antigen tests for distribution so that students can test before returning to school from Winter break. PUSD received our allocation of test kits this week and will distribute them according to the schedule below.
NOTE: All student COVID-19 test results, positive or negative, should be reported. FAQs and instructions for logging test results can be found here.
Testing is strongly recommended, but not currently mandated.
When to test your students
Each PUSD student will be given one test kit, which contains TWO tests. Testing should follow the schedule below:
- Elementary students:
- Test 1: Friday, January 7
- Test 2: Sunday, January 9 (or Monday morning before coming to school)
- Middle and high school students:
- Test 1: Saturday, January 8
- Test 2: Monday, January 10 (or Tuesday morning before coming to school)
Rapid Antigen Test Kit Pick Up Date:
- Thursday, January 6, 2022
What should I bring to pick up my students’ test kits?
- Masks are required for anyone entering PUSD facilities
- Bring your student’s ID card or a printout from Q (see FAQ for instructions)
Pick Up Locations - go to your closest middle school
All distribution will take place inside the gym.
- Hart Middle School Gym - 4433 Willow Road
- Harvest Park Middle School Gym - 4900 Valley Avenue
- Pleasanton Middle School Gym - 5001 Case Avenue
Pick Up Times:
Pick up is on Thursday, January 6, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. To help us ensure distribution runs smoothly, pickup times have been broken down by last names to help with distribution flow. Please arrive at your designated time, if possible.
- Last Names beginning with A - B: 8:00am - 9:00am
- Last Names beginning with C - F: 9:00am - 10:00am
- Last Names beginning with G - J: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Last Names beginning with K - L: 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Last Names beginning with M - O: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Last Names beginning with P- R: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Last Names beginning with S - T: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Last Names beginning with U - Z: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Finally, please remember to wear a mask indoors, in public places, and any other time wherever social distancing is not possible. It is important that high-quality masks that fit well and cover the nose and mouth. Click here for masking resources from the California Department of Public Health.
Thank you for your continued support and collaboration. This will help ensure the health and safety of our school communities as we prepare to welcome students back on campus following time at home and with extended families.
David Haglund, Ed.D
Superintendent of Schools